View Single Post
Old 03-06-2006, 11:36 PM

Replacing shut off valve (P0180)

Thanx! I'd really appreciate the link to the fuel line info. I have read over and over they will leak - mine seem to be OK, but they are hard clear plastic (an odd choice of material it looks like to me) with a seemingly weak connection. Are the replacement parts better? Or the same? I took a peek this afternoon and think I saw the beast (valve). The dealer near my work wants $175!!! I found a dealer 20 mins south of me who wants $30 less. I guess I'll buy it all from that one in one fell swoop.

Also any advice on pulling the manifold (reuse gaskets? Gasket #'s) would be greatly appreciated.

Since I just got the car used w/o any history (it shows on carfax as being serviced at MB dealers and it looks like it - for example, the serpentine belt has the MB logo and appears to be brand new) would I likely need glow plugs? Is there a regular replacement cycle or just when the CEL light comes on? I see your point though about doing it now since the manifold is off anyway...

I'd also like to be a tad more self sufficient - have any idea where can I get shop manuals w/o loosing an arm and a leg?

Thanx!

Andy