View Single Post
Old 03-10-2006, 02:18 AM

300d euro to u.s. engine swap

just bought 2 1981 300d's - one is a euro with a good engine, the other is a u.s. spec with a good everthing else. want to put the euro engine in the u.s. spec. - looks like everythings is basically the same except the euro has no EGR. my question is - there are 2 hoses on the back of the thermostat housing that will be left unconnected with the new motor , one is a thermo-vacuum valve? connection that has a vacuum line comming in from the valve cover and going out to the EGR and the other line looks like an electrical connection that goes where? can i just block off the vacuum line and leave electrical plug unhooked . BTW i have the whole euro car and can use as much of the exhaust system as needed. i planned on just pulling the motor but it seems i will need to use the euro manifolds? also the throttle linkage is slightly different (euro has 1 vacuum valve lever on valve cover - u.s. has 3), i think i can make this work by using parts of both. finally - euro car has no a.c., so i'll bolt up the a.c. off old motor along with the front belt pully assembly for it. does all this sound right? thanks for any help