View Single Post
Old 03-10-2006, 05:01 PM

New to the forum and new to MB

Just want to say hello to everyone. I recently purchased a 82 300SD with the intention of converting it to run on WVO (I currently have a 95 suburban that I converted last year and want to get my wife on WVO as well) I found a super clean one owner car a month ago and purchased it (155K miles). To my surprise I have every dealership service record on the car and the little old lady that owned it had every piece of paperwork from when she bought it new (to include master key, 2 valet keys, a flat key for your walley and a MB factory cassette instructional tape) All in all I think I found a get car that will last me a long time. I have found so many threads so far that have been helpful and look forward to being a part of the MB family.
One question for you guys. While driving today (1/4 tank of fuel) when I would either go over a rise in the road or take a turn to the right I would get a clunking/rattling sound from the passenger rear of the vehicle. I filled up with fuel and the sound seems to have gone away. Would anyone have an idea of what the culprit would be. Obviously the extra weight of the fuel has made the sound stop. Maybe a bad shock or spring?

Jeremy
1982 MB 300SD