View Single Post
Old 08-17-2001, 03:37 PM

83 300SD a/c blower problems, its HOT out please help!

After school today i went and started my car, and then switched on the a/c. It didn't kick on at first, so i shut it off and checked the fuses. I then tried it again(no fuse was bad) and it worked, so i closed the door and it shut off on me again. I then open and closed(read slammed) the door and it kicked on for a second then shut back off. On the way home it would kick in and then back off, i left it on vent so i would not burn up my compressor. Fineally near the end of my 15 minute ride home it was working constantly. I'm wondering if this could be a low-battery signle as my amp would not work that well at all for a couple minutes after i was driving, but worked fine right after startup. I have also heard the blower turning when the car doesn't even have enough juice in the battery to turn the engine over, so i doubt it's a battery problem. thanks for your help. Oh one more thing, sometimes my glow light does not come on, and other times it will blink real quick after i have turned on the car and then shut right back off(the car ignition would have been on for a couple seconds before it would flash at all), and othertimes it works flawlessly, although i usually let it sit for a second or two after the glow light shuts off(it's easier to start that way) thansk for you help
R