View Single Post
Old 08-18-2001, 04:28 PM

I don't know what climate control system you have, but the pushbutton system is notoriously finicky. Luckily, I have the manually controlled system (the wheel and levers). Can you run the blower on "vent" mode without engaging the A/C compressor?

As for mechanics in the area:

Have you tried Rick's European in St. Pete? I haven't been there in a long time, but I think my dad uses them pretty regularly. They restored his '77 240D after I wrecked it in 1991, costing about half of what the insurance company paid (insurance called it totaled but he's still driving it today).

Precision Motorcars (the dealership) in Tampa is pretty good, and have always treated me well. They're the best MB dealership I've been to. But, they might be pricey for something like this, since it could otherwise be a very inexpensive job.

If you don't mind the drive, the *BEST* Mercedes mechanic around is Ledbetter's repair shop, but it's on Highway 301 - the opposite side of Tampa from you. I can give you his location and/or contact info if you desire. I'm in Brandon so it's very close for me.

- Nathan
'83 240D "Steiner"
'00 New Beetle TDI