View Single Post
Old 04-19-2006, 10:53 PM

Odd Electrical Problem

Three warning lights on the dash came on during the commute home today, battery, brake pads and brake light. After doing a few things around the house, I went out to start the car and nothing, not even one single crank. I stuck the multimeter on the battery and it read something like 11.64. Mind you, I just replaced the alternator last summer. So I decided to clean the connectoins on the battery and where the ground connects to the body. By the way, I also replaced the battery last summer also. I stuck the charger on the battery for a couple of hours and it got up to something like 13.74. Disconnected the charger and she popped right off. I ran a couple of errands with the lights on and the tunes a blaren'. I got home and checked the charge and it was at 12.64! I should also add that I checked the tension on the belt and it was as tight as the day I put it on. I also checked the connections on the alternator, fine. Could I possibly have a bad battery after only one year? Shouldn't the battery be at about 13.9-14.00? I should probably add that I replaced the ignition switch last summer, so that should probably rule that out. I also replaced the starter in december, so I doubt that's drawing any current. Anybody out there that can think of anything else?
Scott