View Single Post
Old 05-06-2006, 09:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroohk
NOW... it is running pretty much 90 all the time and this evening while driving home, it would get up to about 95-98 when I would sit at a light for a while. DID NOT go over 100 or touch 100.

IS this something I should really be concerned about OR do you think it is just a difference in the thermostat. OR... do you think that I could have plugged up the radiator with the stop leak crap to an extent that it is not able to have its max ability to cool the car down? I have a buddy who is willing to ship me his spare radiator to put in the car if I cannot get to the bottom of this slight temp increase. I am really thinkin it might be radiator... MAINLY because if i turn the heat on high, it will stay right around 80C BUT with the heat off... it runs warmer...

Give me your thoughts guys!!!
The '86 runs at 90°C. all the time.......except when you use the boost. Even on cooler days, a reasonably heavy accel with boost will drive the temp. up closer to 100°C. It's disconcerting..........for sure........but a very long 6% upgrade at 65 mph at 75° ambient temp. failed to drive it above 105°C.

So, personally, if it can stay below 105°C, I'm not worried about it. You can go and spend a bunch of money to get a 5° improvement if you want. But, the engine won't care..........