View Single Post
Old 05-18-2006, 06:08 PM
Up & Over

Cool invite...

Quote:
Originally Posted by R Leo
Will do...next Wednesday evening, I'm heading to SA in a more down-to-earth mode of transportation (my 300TD). I'll give the 306 a shake.

Speaking of dopping in, BHF is only 120NM on ~173° magnetic from Arlington; you should stop by some weekend. Give me 4-5 hours warning and I'll have pigsickles (short ribs) waiting for ya.

FYI-There's a rural distribution line running through the front pasture and a high-tension transmission line diagonally crossing the property about 1/3 of the way back from the gate. Otherwise, you can take your pick of LZs from the remaining 100something acres.
If you’re heading to SA, I’d say don’t go that far (Canyon Lake) off of 35. Instead of 306, get off on 46 and take a left (east/south) towards Seguin. Go to a place called Clear Springs Texas Seafood. It’s down on the right. It’s a big converted barn. We used to land there before the state widened the HW and took half their parking lot.
Anyway - If you like Catfish and COLD BEER, give them a shot. The 306 is more of a fast-food beer joint. Not to mention, a bit out of your way.

As for BBRs your place, I’ll keep you posted. Sounds great to me. I’ll take the LZ closest to the smoker! I’ve found the 530F is capable of hauling two adults and more Shiner Blonde and sweet tea than the two adults can consume in a week. Name your bev, I’ll bring it. Got a GPS or NAD27 fix you can PM me?