View Single Post
Old 05-30-2006, 11:27 PM

If it does not have a distinct metallic sound I would consider putting that front wheel on the back and moving the back forward to eliminate a possible problem with the tire. Or easier perhaps to mount the spare temporarily up there. Other than that it may be something like the dust shield behind the rotor touching. You could jack up the wheel and turn it or take it back to the shop that did the work as someone suggested. On second thought perhaps they did not drive the bearing race in far enough and your driving it has seated it all the way back. That would mean the wheel hub is a little loose now as the bearings are no longer set up. Happens. Grab the top of the tire and push and pull it hard. It should not move or clunk. You can compare the feel to the other side. I somehow suspect it might be that. Tom is probably right. I doubt the new bearing itself is bad. Not impossible but unlikely. You asked how to actually check the bearing adjustment. First jack the wheel up. Grab the tire on both sides. Push and pull it in and out. There should be no movement or noise. You also should not be able to rock the tire when holding it on the top. If there is noise or movement read the archives on how to tighten the bearing up and adjust it properly.

Last edited by barry123400; 05-30-2006 at 11:54 PM.