View Single Post
Old 07-01-2006, 04:19 AM
Renaissances Dude

That could be a factor. OTOH, I was reading where some coaches were saying they thought the average athletic quality of American youth was declining. Best guess was video games eclipsing more traditional playground activities.

I remember when I was in my early teens. We had some techno type play that involved no real exercise -- pinball machines and slot car racing (1/24th scale, at an establishment -- as opposed to smaller home systems). I hate to sound like the ol' pooper-roo but my nephews spend unbelievable amounts of time on computer games. The oldest is way overweight, has his living room filled with about 9 state of the art computers (2 like-minded room-mates). He's in IT and can easily afford it but there's something wrong with the picture IMO.

My old man was some kind of physical specimen. I flatter myself to say that I'm 70 to 80% the man he was, even if I may have figured out a few things that he tripped up on til the end of his days. My nephews won't even rise that far at the rate they're going. And here's playboy cmac, frittering away his youth and forgetting to have kids.

It's not too late. I better get busy though. Somebody's got to give rise to white boy round ball players.