View Single Post
Old 07-23-2006, 12:03 PM

My camera went dead after those shots, so I'll get more of specific parts if anyone is interested.

Quote:
You did make sure that you do not have a seized accessory like an alternator? I guess the bar would have slipped the belts if so. But if not? If you had normal oil pressure for those two hours I would be curious.
The oil pressure gauge was messing up while driving it. I was a little concerned about it, but after reading some posts on this forum I thought it was normal. The needle on the gauge would peg while driving, and then it would go really far down (0-1?) while at idle and it would bounce up and down. The accessory belts are not on the engine, anymore. Thanks for the help!

Quote:
take off the oil pan and then take the rod bolts out and you should be able to turn the crank. the pistons are probably welded to the sleeves.
Well I hope the pistons aren't welded to the sleeves! I'm going to pull off the crankcase cover later this week and pull off some of the crank bearing retainers and the connecting rod retainers to see if they're buggered up. I might as well take the whole engine apart and rebuild it, anyway... Thanks for the suggestion!

Quote:
HoleShot,

I'm in Rhode Island. Just bought a 240D and I might (revised: will most certainly) need some parts. Maybe I could swing by this weekend or early next week? Don't quite know where Wallingford is but I can't be too far.

Tom Doran
Let me know what you want to take a look at and I can take pictures of it for you guys so you don't have to spend the time driving! This weekend is poor timing as well as next because our club's 12th annual custom car and truck show is happening and I will be busy. Wallingford is about 1.75 hrs from Warwick, where my friend lives.

Guys, if you want parts, tell me what to take pictures of and I'll go take pictures.