View Single Post
Old 08-27-2006, 01:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmana View Post
I went out and looked at the whole thing again, and I am pretty sure that if the chain is out, it's only by a tooth or two. I am basing this on the fact that the crank pulley is definitely almost in the same exact position it was before taking the old chain off with the cam being at TDC both before and now.
I missed out on your escapades last evening due to an "engagement". It was much better than dealing with your problem.

Now, go back to the photo in post #30. You have a red mark in that photo that you, apparently, believe is relevant to some timing mark.

It's not.

What is necessary to know, is the reading on the crankshaft damper over to the left........by that filthy dirty bracket. The straight edge of the bracket will provide the point of the crankshaft position.

Just so we know exactly where you are, please clean off the crankshaft damper so that we can read the numbers and take another photo of the bracket and the numbers. It would be preferable if you clean off the bracket as well.

I'm not convinced that you're anywhere near 30° off because the engine won't rotate under this condition.

So, until we know exactly where this engine is, we can't go forward.