View Single Post
Old 09-03-2006, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim B. View Post
To me, a good W123/W126 is priceless2

Have you thought about getting a NICE example of what your'e looking for rather than cobbling one good one out of 2 bad ones? Just a thought.
Good thought Jim, but it's not about that, for a couple of reasons.

Already got a nice example- I own a 300SD which gets compliments every time I take it out. I love that old car; its resale value is pointless as I have no intention of ever selling it. I've driven 123s; I like 'em, but I like the 300SD W126 better.

But I've never tried a manual 300Dt, the only way to get one is to build it or find someone else's homebuilt. The idea intrigues me, though.

The only way for me to afford several thousands for an old Benz is to sell the one I've got (not happening), or spend it a bit at a time building a car.

It's about the fun of the project, and the fact that I like to see old MBs "back on the road"- 1 unique one up and going beats 2 moldering ones sitting in backyards.

My query about resale was meant to ask, would anyone really want to buy such a beast if I wanted to move on? Or would it be worth less than say just a rough but running 240D?