Thread: Fabulous trip
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2006, 06:34 PM
Waitn For The Bus All Day

My TD is comfortable at 80 MPH. Thats where it wants to run. I consistently get 28 MPG with it but most times am by myself with nothing in the cargo area.

Last summer I had a long distance trip where I followed a truck going 90 MPH for over 150 miles. Afterwards I thought what other 21 year old car would I feel safe going that fast? Rock solid.

Kip does have a point. I had a long motorcycle racing career and know how fast things happen. Believe me, in the blink of an eye a catastrophe can happen. And do remember that you not only have your own life in your hands but your friends and any other drivers that you may encounter in your hands too. There could potentially be a number of forever scarred parents should something happen. I have friends who lost their daughters/sons to high speed crashes and they will NEVER get past it, even after many years. Several parents I know who lost their kids still have the kids room set up just like they left it. And their deaths occured over 30 years ago. Just keep that in mind.

Cheers,

Bill