View Single Post
Old 09-17-2006, 10:39 AM
Registered Voter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawoSD View Post
Bring it in to a local MB mechanic or (*gasp*) even a dealership for MB, they will 99.9% likely be able to diagnose and fix the issue in a short amount of time. If the car itself is in overall good/usable condition, why throw it away??? The engine alone is worth practically as much as you paid for the car. I'd bring it in somewhere and let them fix it. Throwing a perfectly good car away over a potential $50-100 repair is simply wasteful in my opinion, especially when its a W123 mercedes at stake, one of the best vehicles ever built.
yeah! i agree! bring the your car to the dealer and let them troubleshoot and diagnose the reason why it is not downshifting via the kickdown switch. give up the minimum 1 hour shop charge or labor, then if the job something that you can handle to perform, you do the wrenching, then if not, you might have to let them do it or find an experienced and reliable professional somewhere to do the work for you. don't give up on this car pal! it is not totalled yet!