View Single Post
Old 10-17-2006, 02:39 PM
Don't Tread on Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by riethoven View Post
Unfortunately, I too see the beginning of the end for the US. You can't live on debt forever. This goes for the fed as well as the average US citizen who refinanced his house to buy a new car or whatever consumer good. We used to finance a large percentage of our debt domestically, but that is a thing of the past. The Chinese will own us one day, unless we do something now!
The time to do something has probably already past. And I agree with your collapse timeframe, 5 to 10 years, if not less.

I honestly see no need reason to be optimistic, the indicators for collapse should be apparent to anyone who has the slightest amount of insight for the future. No I'm not claravoyant. I just have a fair grasp on realality, unlike many who Americans who believe the party will last forever based on nothing but unfounded optimism that our countries future is strong and secure.

I have lived a good and bountiful life, but this is not the country it was 20 years ago that enabled me to develope an optimistic outlook. I really hope I'm wrong about all this, but I don't see any alternative directions on the horizon, and the clock is ticking.

Last edited by 450slcguy; 10-17-2006 at 06:08 PM.