View Single Post
Old 10-24-2006, 05:56 AM
Marine Engineer (retired)

Still requesting a Vacuum Thread in DIY......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Carlton View Post
If they referred you to the blue flying saucer, then the device is properly called the vacuum amplifier or the vacuum transducer........depending on the source.

The vacuum modulator is the device on the transmission that accepts the vaccum from the amplifier. The modulator can be adjusted to provide additional pressure internally to the transmission.
G'mornin',

Mr. Carleton, As I said, I located my problem, and learned what all the various devices did.

The meat of my previous post here, and several others is.....

I see a need for a "Vacuum" thread in the DIY Links by Parts Category section of this website.....I had some vacuum problems, I managed to resolve them with some excellent help from the folks here in Diesel Forum. However, this topic keeps popping up, and the answers keep getting repeated...over and over....

IF the moderators would take a bit of time, and begin a "Vacuum Problems" section someplace then it would make life a bit easier for the next person to have one of the problems like....
Engine Won't Shut Off
Transmission Shifts Hard/Oddly
I Hear a Hissing Noise
Climate Control Has Lost Its Mind
and so forth.......

I apologize if I am out of line here......just think a "Vacuum Thread" in DIY would make life easier for those working all around a complex MB system.

If I had read tis thread, a month ago....it would have made life a bit easier....

Also, I take this opportunity to thank all who helped me at that time, again!!

Thanx,
Shorebilly

Diesels:
'85 300D, "Max, Blue Benz", 155K, 27.0 MPG
'84 190D 2.2, "Eva, Brown Benz", 142K, 40.2 MPG
'77 240D (parts car)
'67 Eicher ES 202 Tractor "Otto" (2cyl, Air Cooled, 30HP)
Gassers:
'94 Ford F-150, "Henry", 170K (300 Six) 17.5 MPG
'85 190E 2.3, 148K....Parts Car
'58 Dodge W300M Powerwagon (Flat Fenders) Less than 10 MPG