View Single Post
Old 10-30-2006, 07:45 AM
85 300D 4spd+tow+h4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorebilly View Post
G'mornin',

Have you checked the monovalve??

As usual, the heating system is a tad more complicated than those in most autos.

You will not get heat ...IF....the engine has not warmed sufficiently.....there is a little temperature sensor someplace....

No heat if auxiliary pump does not work.....

No heat if monovalve needs a rebuild....

I have not had the pleasure of troubleshooting this system, just read the heating section of the Climate control system...awhile back.....publication was...MB Service Manual Heating and Air conditioning Automatic Climate Control Model 123

As I remember.....if the Engine temperature sensor is inoperative for whatever reason.....including disconnected or broken wiring......then there will never be a signal that tells the Climate Control that the engine is up to temperature....thus you will never get heat.....

I may be wrong, I am writing this from memory......I did not look this up....

SB
monovalve== regulator right? The temp sensor works fine. The acc doesnt turn on in heating mode until engine temp is @ 60. The aux water pump is getting juice. I checked the resistance on it and it was 1? I dont know if this is normal for motors or not. Also there was only power I didnt see a switched wire to it just + / -.

This I did notice. As stated one check valve was bad. Also the leg room flap actuator is completely shot... Other than that the vacuum system leaks a little but AC kicks on fan blows etc. Just no heat.
#1987 300D Sturmmachine
#1991 300D Nearly Perfect
#1994 E320 Cabriolet
#1995 E320 Touring
#1985 300D Sedan
OBK #42