View Single Post
Old 11-11-2006, 05:56 PM
88Black560SL

SL600 Diagnostic Proceedure, Innova Model 3110

Hello

I have an SL600 that was in an accident, I am trying to use the engine for another car but I want to get it running in the current vehical first. It does run and appears to run reasonably well, except sometimes a little rougher that I would have expected this engine to run. The car is not road worthy so any performance type of testing is not possible but it does go up and down the driveway OK. With the engine running there is no check engie light on, but the ABS and EPC lights are always on.

So far I have connected an Innova Model 3110 CanOBD2 code reader. I get no codes but the scanner indicates that only 3 of the 9 tests were complete. The reader has succesfully completed the following tests.

CCM, Comprehensive Component Monitor, which checks the integrity of all signals to the computer.

MIS, Misfire Monitor, Which checks for misfires.

FUE, Fuel System Monitor, Which checks for fuel trim.

The test that were not completed were

CAT, Catalyst Monitor
EVA, Evaporative Monitor
AIR, Air Pump Monitor
O2S, O2 Sensor Monitor
HTR, Heated Oxygen Sensor Monitor
EGR, EGR Monitor

It is my understanding that to complete these test, I will have to drive the car and reach some threashold driving conditions. So I have several questions on how to proceed.

1) What is the driving profile I will have to do. I have already performed these tests both cold and fully warmed up.

2) Can I simulate driving with rear end jacked up and wheels spinning.

3) Will the fact that the rear wheels are spinning and front ones are not cause confusion with the EPC and ABS systems and put the engine into limp home mode.

4) Does anyone have a way of faking out the EPC and ABS so the computer thinks that everything is fine.

See attached photos
Attached Thumbnails
SL600 Diagnostic Proceedure, Innova Model 3110-dscf0030.jpg   SL600 Diagnostic Proceedure, Innova Model 3110-dscf0029.jpg