View Single Post
Old 11-15-2006, 10:31 PM
dieselarchitect

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar View Post
You dislike him because you're a Purdue fan. The General is one of the finest coaches in the history of the game. He has always placed the welfare of his players above winning, yet still manages to win. That said, it does seem that he has wrestled with some anger management issues throughout his career, although I wouldn't count this non-incident among them. Had this been any other coach, I doubt that anyone would even care.

i totally disagree with the statement that he puts the welfare of his players above winning. he in my observation puts winning ahead of everything. he bullies his players mercilessly. intimidates refs and everyone he can. you probably have not seen all the stories we have seen here in indiana in the paper. throwing a lamp at someones secretary because she wouldnt do exactly what he wanted. on and on and on.

oh well. if you ignore all that he knows the game and how to finesse it as it unfolds.

but winning at any cost is not admirable.

for that reason i like mark martin as a driver because he is always straight and clean and i dont like anybody who wrecks folks to win races.

tom w
[SIGPIC] Diesel loving autocrossing grandpa Architect. 08 Dodge 3/4 ton with Cummins & six speed; I have had about 35 benzes. I have a 39 Studebaker Coupe Express pickup in which I have had installed a 617 turbo and a five speed manual.[SIGPIC]

..I also have a 427 Cobra replica with an aluminum chassis.