View Single Post
Old 12-18-2006, 09:26 AM
Banned

Thanks for the education...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycoming-8 View Post
The Monovalve is not part of a 1980 or earlier cabin heating system. On those 123's & 126's the ' Dreaded Servo ' takes care of this function when it is working.
At any rate the monovalve operates in an on-off cycle related to the heat required and regulates the hot water flow to the heater coil in the cabin. It is not a variable opening valve, just has two positions.
Thanks for the information... so it's part of the dreaded " Environmental " system on these vintage MBz(s). Lucklily our 1980 240D is strictly a manual system [thank you Lord]... and when we tackle restoration of the 1980 300D's Heat/A-C system I'm hoping to find salvage parts from a 240D that will enable me to convert it to a manual system.

Do any of you guys have any thoughts on the pacticality of such a conversion? I don't think I would have to change any of the console "box"... just the control parts... and of course some to much of what's behind there. Does anyone know of some good system diagrams of these 1980 manual and automatic systems?
Regards,