View Single Post
Old 01-27-2007, 01:01 AM
And I only had one lesson

I understand, and thank you. I just was a little confused I guess. Sorry I went off on you guys like that. The flip lock on the inside door handles or the car are much like the ones found on a Honda, or other Japanese car. It is also virtually impossible to lock the key in the car. The passenger door, can be locked from the inside, but the drivers door can be locked from the inside, only if the door is closed. You cannot flip the lock shut, if the drivers door is opened. The only way to lock the car is by locking the passenger door, and locking the drivers door, from the outside, with the key. I don't know the history of the car before 1999 when I bought it w/ 74,000 miles on it from a dealer, in East-Hartford, Ct. for $5000.00 in showroom mint condition, and aparently un-molested as far as I could tell. The bumpers are same as U.S. cars,Yet it does have triangles in the trunk,and first aid kit on deck lid. It is a fully loaded car, with real leather. The dash is in english, and mph prevail on the speedo. The car had U.S. lighting on it, but I put round euro's in it about five years ago. The car has rear defogger, like I've never seen on anything else. It is invisible, not like a lot of the U.S. cars I've seen. She's in silver with black interior, and a 79 non turbo 300CD. Far as I can tell she's been un-molested, but who knows? I've always just thought that was the way they all came. I saw a lot w/door locks up top, but just thought that they might have been a different year car. They all look the same. My two 79's, 81, 85, and 83 300 cd's are all only different in a few ways aside from colors,turbo's,and some other things like, the door locks. This one 79 though,has the odd door locks and all the rest have them on top of the door. I just figured it was something they might have changed,half year or something. This 79 is an April car, my other two are practically 1980 cars w/ d.o.b.'s in July,and September. I'm kinda curious now,and will send you guys pics as soon as I get home to take them. Right now I'm in Salt Lake city,Utah for meetings on monday morning w/clients. Anyone from the area wnts to hang out over the weekend while I'm here just let me know via the forum or p.m. me. How many members are in the Salt Lake City, Utah area ? I'm at Sapp Bros. off of exit 21, on the west side of the 215 loop.~Nick

Last edited by truckinik; 01-27-2007 at 01:11 AM.