View Single Post
Old 02-24-2007, 03:06 AM
dieselarchitect

Quote:
Originally Posted by westkill View Post
hi all,
just wanted to relay to everyone a success story today. friend stopped over with a newly acquired 84 300d that was shifting hard and would not go into 4th gear at all. I dropped the pan to do a fluid filter change and while in there i replaced the bowden cable. took it for a ride and the same as before. checked the vacumn and found a clogged line. Made the repair and that softened the shifts but still no fourth. Finally found what it was. Any one care to guess?

The kickdown button under the throttle pedal was stuck in the down position.(downshift) Unplugged the electric jack to it and now the tranny shifts perfectly
New button on order as the old one could not be freed up. So if you ever start getting some weird all of a sudden behavior from your tranny check that button! It makes the tranny have a mind of its own. Mike
your problem was it would stay in third and never shift to fourth?

tom w
[SIGPIC] Diesel loving autocrossing grandpa Architect. 08 Dodge 3/4 ton with Cummins & six speed; I have had about 35 benzes. I have a 39 Studebaker Coupe Express pickup in which I have had installed a 617 turbo and a five speed manual.[SIGPIC]

..I also have a 427 Cobra replica with an aluminum chassis.