View Single Post
Old 04-29-2007, 05:03 PM

Another GloveBox Question

I saw this thread:

http://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/showthread.php?t=181588&highlight=%22glove+box%22

But it doesn't seem to be the exact same problem.

This is for my 87 300SDL

The glovebox will pop open over bumps. The locking mechanism works fine. The spring is still on the locking mechanism / long metal arm. But I don't understand what is supposed to hold the plastic latch from popping up and over the catch on the glovebox frame (dashboard). I'd think there would be a spring to attach to it to hold it down except when you lift the glovebox handle. But I don't see where one would attach.

This is really hard to describe without my camera (which is down). I can't find any site which lists these parts for the glove box so I can see how the BLEEP this works.

The part number which holds the latch is 126 680 01 32. Maybe that's the whole unit, the latch-frame and the latch. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? I'd hate to rig something that ends up breaking the latch, but I'm about willing to try.

Bill