View Single Post
Old 05-22-2007, 05:04 PM

i was talked into a 4x4 by my girlfriend after our last backwoods adventure (debacle). i got our awd honda element stuck. i seem to overestimate the offroad capabilities of anything i am driving...haha. so...i have a 99% rust free 240 d with a manual transmission i picked up for $1500. it has a homemade veggie kit installed (by p.o.) and it runs fine. it is just that either a tranny mount or engine mount is loose...i can feel the play (twist...torque) in the shifter when i accelerate. it did 70 on the interstate on a 2+ hour drive...once i got it up to speed. it is not too pretty on the inside...no big rips but stains galore. i am most likely gonna replace the mounts and possibly the interior and look to at least recoup my money. since my girlfriend is deadset on a 4x4 i am back to purchasing a gwagen...its just so heavy...its a beast. i tried to find a shop that would convert a jeep cj5/6/7/8 to a 617.952...but no luck. i am still loyal to this engine despite attempts by friends to go the vw way.