View Single Post
Old 05-26-2007, 07:54 PM
Slow and loud, inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrameow View Post
Regardless its got to be in your Soul...I mean I look at ii this way, I'm frugal but I belive myself to be ingenious and resourceful and inventive, but beyond that I love Cars and the smell of gas, diesel oil and paint, I'm comfortable with smashed hands and fingers and gashed arms, and all the dirt, and I can go on under some pretty bad physically exhausting conditions like rain and ice or heat and the sun, and finallY i am never happier and more peaceful than when fixing my Cars
I gotta agree with that 100%.
I feel when I look down at (usually) my arms and hands, and at the moment one of them is bandaged from a weatherstripping cutting project gone wrong, and the scars, cuts and scrapes, I look back and remember, oh I got that when I was working on this, or that happened when I installed that. I see it as my own personal sign of accomplishment. I love being out under the car when the weathers not the best, people drive by and look at me like I'm a fool, but I just laugh as they drive in a car that is only going to be fixed by the warranty department. The people who put blood sweat and tears into what they drive, to me have a lot more character, and there cars seem to be personal pieces of work, not just a cookie cutter piece of machinery.
-Zach

1990 Lincoln Town Car, Sleeper/Strip car in progress, 17.75@77mph.