View Single Post
Old 06-01-2007, 08:29 PM
Annelid wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howitzer View Post
Obviously a ready willing and able Democratic congress does not care about the will of the people. The prez is just a talking head, if the Dem's wanted this dead it would be. This is nothing but pandering to millions of votes in '08 and probably the only way a repub can win anything in the next few election cycles.

You guys would sound much more intelligent if you quit using the it Bush BS.
That's right -- there all a bunch of *******s who put politics and partisanship above their responsibilities to their country and the electorate. The Dems were given control of Capital Hill to execute a single task, and they gave everyone who voted them in a collective 'up yours' several days ago. I don't understand what you are referring to as pandering though, unless you mean slamming this pink elephant of a bill. Everybody hates the damned thing, and Bush is wearing it like a leotard.

You call him a talking head, but he is my president, your president, Hillary Clinton's president, John Kerry's president -- everyone's president -- and he has a responsibility to everyone in this country above and beyond all others. IMO, that puts him in a very unique position that he doesn't seem to understand or care about. I never got the impression that Bill Clinton or Bush 41 or Ronald Reagan was telling half the country to F off, I do get that sense from Bush 43.