View Single Post
Old 06-09-2007, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrider966 View Post
First, your shopping list link turned up an empty shopping cart! Second getting a universal parrallel flow cooler may not be necessary as most of these cars AC faults can be traced back to not vacuuming out the system properly. My car is using R134 and my vent temp at 104*F in phoenix is 49* to 50* F after the system has been on for a few minutes. Third, R12 and R134 are NOT compatible no matter what type of oil your using and R12 is no longer being made so you might as well go with what is or you will design your system around parts that will be no longer available! The Ac system is not these cars strong point so you will never get the performance out of them like I do on my 1991 Cadillac. Just check out all you "O" rings, seals and change your compressor and get a "GOOD" set of manifold gauges if your going to buy them. I got mine from Napa and mine are Stewart Warner and I'll pay a little more for these than some cheap Chinese crap. You will be better off with manifold gauges if your going to recharge with R134 as your sight glas will be just about useless. Good Luck and have patience and do it right!

O.K., I think I fixed the link(s).
Well, I think that the Condensor upgrade is needed, for me atleast. I put 40,000 miles a year on my work cars with a 32 mile trip each way and some days I have to work out of my car at the port. I want all I can get and I just thought that now would be the best time to upgrade what ever I can.
I may check with some of the Reefer Container Techs at work and see if they could flush and vacume and charge the system for me, I'll just change the parts out. That is a lot of money for some gauges that I may not use very much.
I also have a hydrolic hose company that I will have redo my lines. I have used them for many hoses in the past and alway great work for a fraction of the price of OEM.