Thread: Parts storage
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2007, 07:43 AM
New England Hick

I've got a dozen milk crates and seven plant crates (similar in construction to milk crates but rectangular and hold twice as much-used for shipping live plants and bulbs) full of Scout parts that work well because they interlock when stacked, are very durable and with the slotted sides most everything is visible. Many nurseries give away the plant crates after receiving large shipments just to get rid of them. Milk crates generally need to be obtained in a more shady manner, all of which were from my college apartment days when most of our furniture was constructed with them.

My concern with shelves for all of my parts is just the sheer weight of most of the containers and the fact that I don't really have the space for those real heavy duty shelves. I just stack the crates in the corner or under my workbench and they're out of the way.

1980 300TD-China Blue/Blue MBTex-2nd Owner, 107K (Alt Blau) OBK #15
'06 Chevy Tahoe Z71 (for the wife & 4 kids, current mule) '03 Honda Odyssey (son #1's ride, reluctantly) '99 GMC Suburban (255K+ miles, semi-retired mule) 21' SeaRay Seville (summer escape pod)