View Single Post
Old 07-12-2007, 11:52 AM
Abandon the Roads!

I'm sure the compressor cycling is not the problem. Down here in Texas, the compressor doesn't "cycle" even if that's what the klima was designed to do. We're getting 90*F days already.
The clutch engages when you put the ACC in normal mode, and the compressor runs.

Also, yes, that belt probably wasn't transmitting the full force. I'll get it tightened up, but it still seems there's a decent sized leak to find somewhere.

So from here I need to get the belt tightened, degrease and visually check for leaks (though not in that order), and then use dye to find the leak if it isn't visible.
The aux fan... well, I think my dad has expectations for how it will work that MBZ just didn't follow. I read that it's supposed to turn on at 62*C at the receiver dryer, so basically it only works when the system has too much pressure or is operating very hot.
I have read about people putting in a relay so the fan turns on when the compressor is on, and it sounded like something good for me, as this car will be driven mostly to and from school at speeds of 35 MPH and lower.

Anyway, the leak checks come this evening and then the dye goes in. If all goes well, we won't need dye, but one way or another, we're tracking down that leak.
The problem is what to do when we find it.

Still hauling me to school and back.

Handy Site:
http://www.dieselgiant.com/