View Single Post
Old 07-20-2007, 06:47 PM

Update #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewtoo View Post
I don't know how long the trip home was, but on a car like yours, you should see about 40' from the center vent.

Even in the mid-nineties with the dewpoint around 70, my '91 will become uncomfortably cold and I put the fan on low.

This is after you've driven long enough for the car to cool down and the compressor to begin to cycle on and off.

58 to 60 was way out of line. What else have you checked? Do you have any bubbles in the sight glass?

Even in the mid-nineties with the dewpoint around 70, my '91 daily driver will become uncomfortably cold and I put the fan on low. The trip is about 11 miles mixed.
Well, today was the test for my "experiment" and the results aren't as good as I had hoped but still slightly better than before shroud removal and condenser cleaning. Previous conditions had been moderate temps but today was mid to high 90's with bright sunshine and high humidity. My commute is 40 miles of nothing but highway and the best vent temp I could muster was 58.
No bubbles in the sight glass, pressures at idle last time I checked were IIRC 285/50 at about 75 ambient. (It is R-134a btw) All fans work good, vent temp at 75 ambient won't go below 46. Can't think of anything else.
I posted a lengthy thread on this but got it in OD by mistake and never got it moved or replied to.
Thanks for your input.

"Good" is the worst enemy of "Great".