View Single Post
Old 08-02-2007, 01:59 PM
Ghost of Diesels Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinn8it View Post
Im sure that when you are 18 years old, and have over 4000 post on the Mercedes shop forum, it is easy to think that everyone knows and/or cares as much about how diesels work as you do. The reality is that you are part of a slim minority.
It just shows that the hype and consumers limited knowledge about SVO is going to cause a lot of negative feedback to it. Mostly because no one put the effort into researching it and where it can be implemented safely. Sometimes... it takes $10,000 to learn. Plus people never take the time to read the owners manual.. I do believe the new CDI's have a little emblem on the gauge panel that does say DIESEL FUEL ONLY... should have been a hint eh?

rant off
Quote:
Originally Posted by WINGAS View Post
So my question is, if the chef's took the time to brew the WVO into bio, could they have ran it in a modern rail injected/high pressure system?

Doubt it.. the pressures in a CRD are pretty high and would cause the fuel to polymerize... killing the injectors. Plus in a DI diesel a nailing injector will cause some nasty issues.... I've heard of pistons getting holes in them from fuel dribbling onto the hot aluminum

I do love lovecraft conversions for one reason..

once the engine is nuked... its a cheap parts car...

Last edited by TheDon; 08-02-2007 at 02:11 PM.