View Single Post
Old 01-11-2002, 02:17 PM
moedip

To: G-Benz

Thanks for input - cap is on properly and is right pressure. Rad hoses do not collapse. You say the aux fan won't kick in until 117C. Now you can understand my confusion. If the fan won't kick in until 117C then does that mean the aux fan will never work unless the engine reaches 117C? Then does that mean that 110C is considered normal in hot weather?? Why I am puzzled is that if the aux fan is designed to take away the extra heat of the air being on - should the engine temp be allowed to go to 117C before the fan is even used?? Won't this damage the engine? -My common sense says that if the engine operating temperature should be 85-90C then the aux fan should be forced to kick on at 95-100C by the temp switch - but the temp switch is 117C. If I short out the temp switch and have the aux fan running as soon as you start the car - I can drive in hot weather with the temp. never going over 100C. As I stated - I put a lot into this car and do not want a Mickey Mouse repair like shorting out the temp switch - even though it works. IF THE CAR WAS MEANT TO OPERATE AT MAX 95-100c THEN I AM MISSING SOMETHING AND APPRECIATE ANY AND ALL SUGGESTIONS. I AM STUBBORN AND HOPEFULLY WITH THE HELP OF ALL HERE IT WILL BE FOUND. THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR INPUT.