View Single Post
Old 08-11-2007, 05:26 PM

'99 E300 turbodiesel

Replaced copper seals and o-rings on delivery valves as forwardmost one was leaking. Thanks for whoever asked the question about removing the intake manifold -- about an hour after I too was stuck -- that 10mm bolt which was aligned to be difficult and the #5 allen key accessed from beneath the car were key pieces of info.

Mileage isn't that good. 22 to 23 around town. Car says 77K on odo but according to MB network when it was last serviced it had 180K and that was in 2005. Car is very clean inside and out. What do I do for the mileage improvement?

I do blow black smoke on kickdown (and it does deter anyone in the rearview) and am thinking new injectors but have been told it's too soon. Besides, they're tough to find and MB wants 183 per.

I've read a lot of threads and seems like a DP, diesel purge, (I'm getting the alpha soup down some) might help. Guess I'm taking the lazy way out and just putting Diesel Clean by Power Service in tank. New air and fuel filters and some new fuel lines with the viton o-rings also installed.

Everyone's been really helpful (especially with no service manual at hand and the alldata ain't so great). Any concise listing of posts or whatever to improve the mpg?