View Single Post
Old 08-15-2007, 05:36 PM

Pulled injectors out ,with the heat sheilds.Added 2oz of Marvel to each hole ,soaked for 5 days .Turned the motor over to purge MMo out of the cylinder ,checked compression then repeated this step .I got a good increase from the 1st to 2nd soak and a big gain above the initial compression check which was below specs for the motor on each car.The motor on both cars would still not start.I happened upon a youtube vid that showed a guy using Rislone compression repair on a 300sd with success.I mixed the product with a 20/50 weight oil ,then added it as an oil change with new filter.I felt it important to mix it with the oil instead of just pouring it in due to the motor will not mix it throughly till start up.I then add a small amount to each hole.Turned the motor over a few times to spray out any access.Then put in the heatsheilds that go beneath the injectors ,then the injectors ,lines ,etc.Filled a can with a mixture of fuel and a injection cleaner consentrate ,much like diesel giant.com shows on its diesel purge setup ,and fill the lines with the thumb pump.On the 78 300cd it pulled off a start after 3 tries ,I had to keep the throttle about a 1/4 open and it climbed to a nice idle after 2 minutes ,good response when opening it up ,no horrible sounds .The 84 had a few more turns to get it to light ,had a leak at the return lines and had to keep the starter going until it wa fully underway.It has bad motor mounts and feels like it wants to jump out of the car.When reved it sounds as good as any others mb diesel Ive heard.The turbo spools nicely and once I get the rest of my throttle linkage together Im taking it for a spin around the lot.