View Single Post
Old 08-15-2007, 05:40 PM
Brooklyn,NY

Thanks again M.B.Doc,

I checked 2 teflon rings on front pump assembly. They look new. No caracks or grooves or any other sign of damage. I also disassembled k1 drum and found 1 seal on the piston itself that also looked new. I cannot find any other openings that I can blow into a drum to check if its leaking. Drum looks good. There is lots of residue inside the pan and inside the drum. It's greyish-silverish in color. Looks like oil or something. There is no residue in k2 clutch drum though. K1 however was all filled up with it. I assume it is burnt friction disks lining mixed with transmission fluid. I was thinking if residue blocked the piston and kept clutches engaged thus burnt them. Or is there a way that valve body have aproblem and keeps clutches engaged. I will post some pictures tonight hopefully.
I'm stuck here with tranny in peices and don't know what to do to it. It would be pointless to rebuild it and have k1 burnt again.

Any suggestions?
Thanks.

SOLD. 1996 E320 145k ml. Burgundy

SOLD but miss it everyday 1992 500sel Black
Chime buzzer mod,Alpine CD/MP3 player with stock amp,Euro headlights,S600 grill,20" rims, BEST CAR EVER!

SOLD. 1990 300E White
187k ml,smoked tails,Euro headlights,17rims,Intake,12" sub in first aid kit,alarm/autostart,buzzer mod