View Single Post
Old 08-19-2007, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRags View Post
I do blow black smoke on kickdown (and it does deter anyone in the rearview) and am thinking new injectors but have been told it's too soon. Besides, they're tough to find and MB wants 183 per.

I've read a lot of threads and seems like a DP, diesel purge, (I'm getting the alpha soup down some) might help. Guess I'm taking the lazy way out and just putting Diesel Clean by Power Service in tank. New air and fuel filters and some new fuel lines with the viton o-rings also installed.
Did you clean out the intakes into the head and manifold? That could be part of the mileage issue. So can the leaks. Also, what about the plastic lines?

You can take the injectors out to be tested. You see, I had 1 dirty injector at 120K so if you had 180K then, I would say it is time to have the injectors checked and possibly cleaned. Cost me $70 to test all 6 and have one cleaned and retested. That will tell you the condition of your injectors instead of the DP crap where you take a SWAG at the condition of your injectors and possibly enjoy the placebo effect.
05 Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI
06 Polaris Sportsman 500 EFI
03 SeaDoo GTX SC Red
03 SeaDoo GTX SC Yellow
04 Tailgator 21 ft Toy Hauler
11 Harley Davidson 883 SuperLow