View Single Post
Old 01-18-2002, 09:43 AM
moedip

What I would do

I have two sons now in their 20's. If your son was mine - I'd buy back the car from insurance and buy him a auto body tool kit and make him pound out every dent he put in the car - then I'd make him sand the whole damaged area down to the metal and make him body putty the remaining imperfections and sand it to perfection - That should take him 3 months of intensive labor. Then I'd part out the car and get my money back.
Both my sons got beat up VW old jettas that didn't run and needed body work as thier first cars. After 6 months of mechanical and body work under my supervision and them being sick and tired of sanding - I got the cars painted and they looked like new. Both guys always parked their cars where they had no chance of getting a "ding" as they now know what is involved in fixing it. Both guys drive with prudence as they now know what keeps them on the road and how little metal there is between them and death from collisions. They used to think of me as an OGRE -now they thank me for teaching them - they now do their own repairs as required.