View Single Post
Old 10-17-2007, 03:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale240D View Post
I MUST have the new style pump already on there then. What color is the part you push? White, old style, push down and turn clockwise to lock. Black, new style, didn't know it will spin. Like i've said. it won't lock down no matter how much i spin it. Had to go to the Benz dealership here to get the right size hose for the return line. every other discount auto part store just had thick walled stuff that didn't fit snuggly or seat properly. Which is why the right part fits. The delaership charged me $17 for a meter length of it. ouch! my first benz part purchase. Live and learn.
Ok one last question. I only have a haynes manual (worthless) I used to think the same thing, not so sure now. so can't figure out what i saw. On the top part of my IP towards the rear was a slotted screw with a lock nut. the lock nut was backed up and the screw was able to spin freely. it was on top of an area that was round when viewed from above and looked like it might have been some sort of diaphragm under there? the question is, with this loose screw do i have something completely out of whack that needs to be tuned? the car actually seems to be running fine now. Sounds like the ALDA, a fuel enrichment thingy.

Thanks again guys,

Dale
1983 240D " The Grey Goose"
If the engine is running to your liking, you may want to tighten the lock nut.

84 CD