View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 11:57 AM
New England Hick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBroke View Post
Sammy's Woodfired Pizza, on 4th and F. Then to the brewery just down the street, on G. Sounds like a good time to me.
I'm leaving here tomorrow morning, headed back to VA.
I had a good time. Ended up being "booked" by vendors more than I thought, but I still got to see a fair amount.

Some of the guys in our group did head over to Coronado but I figured since it was my first time in SD that I'd try to see as much as I could.

We spend a lot of time at the Dublin Square pub since it was right around the corner from the hotel. It made it easy to slip out for a pint of Guiness or three between meetings. Consequently, I got the impression that there's a neat Irish bar on every block or two. Several of us went to the Whiskey Girl on Thursday night and they had a great band playing. I was kind of surprised that the city shuts down at 2:00ish, last call was 1:30 at a couple places we were at.

Wednesday night my boss and I were taken to Lou & Mickey's. Great seafood and steaks! It ain't cheap, but the appetizers, raw oysters and food were excellent and cooked exactly as asked for.

I had most of Friday afternoon to kill since we got out of the meetings at 1:30 and my flight wasn't until 8:20. That's when most of the guys took off to Coronado. I did the touristy thing and took a Seal Tour (similar to the duck boats) and went for a tour of the aircraft carrier USS Midway. That is a must see for anyone who has a couple hours to devote. I also did the SD Maritime Museum. The Star of India was a definite highlight.

I had lunch at the Harbor House overlooking the harbor and had the seafood chowder and a couple pints of Sierra Nevada. Pretty tasty. I really wanted to get to Anthony's but time was getting short at that point and I didn't want to push it.

I flew back on Frontier and it was pretty good. Dish Network at the seatbacks ($5.00) and with no first class the seats have an extra inch or two legroom which was greatly appreciated. I flew the redeye, SD to DEN and then DEN to Hartford. Got in at 5:20 am. My first, and last , redeye.

Fun trip. I look forward to the Golf Show there in a couple years to see more of what I missed.

1980 300TD-China Blue/Blue MBTex-2nd Owner, 107K (Alt Blau) OBK #15
'06 Chevy Tahoe Z71 (for the wife & 4 kids, current mule) '03 Honda Odyssey (son #1's ride, reluctantly) '99 GMC Suburban (255K+ miles, semi-retired mule) 21' SeaRay Seville (summer escape pod)