View Single Post
Old 10-26-2007, 07:46 PM
Benz Whisperer

Location: Surfers Paradise,Australia.WHERE THE SHARKS COME OUT TO PLAY! And Vancouver Canada where it rains everyday!
Unhappy Shes home...BUT!

Hey all.
Well the 300D 1983 is finally home.
A few things are happening though.
First of all,while i was driving on the freeway home she was somewhat hesitant to pick up speed,almost like a lack of power no more then 80kph,then she slowed down all by her self to a point that she HAD no power at all could barely advance.I pulled over and let it rest a bit and the engine was shaking allot so i let it be and about 15 minutes later she took off again and went up to about 50kmp...same thing again this went on for about an hour,I got fed up and called a towing,got her home was able to start the engine that went well got her up on stands and prepare to do an engine oil change,a transmission service on it,also replaced the white flaps under the vacuum box that sits on the valve cover AKA Transmission Vacuum Valve Lever kit.
When that was all done i added transmission fluid and started the engine,it started but not for long it started shaking and then stopped,tried again same thing..Now i took some pictures of the vacuum hoses and I want you to tell me if they look well at there place.The car has 212.000 km its a 300D 1983 I would realy like someone to help me out here.
One more thing...Can diesel fuel go bad? This car has been sitting in a garage for over two years ,and they would start it every other month....
Attached Thumbnails
Advise needed please!-img_0001.jpg   Advise needed please!-img_0002.jpg   Advise needed please!-img_0003.jpg   Advise needed please!-img_0004.jpg   Advise needed please!-img_0008.jpg  

Visit my Blog..
http://allformercedesbenz.blogspot.com/

www.benzguy.piczo.com

If at first you don't succeed,
Skydiving is not for you.

ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE IS NO
MATCH FOR NATURAL STUPIDITY.

If anything can go wrong,fix it!
The hell with Murphy!!

I never think of the future.It comes soon enough.