View Single Post
Old 11-09-2007, 11:52 PM
CAJUN COUNTRY

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs899 View Post
OK guys, here's the little gem of wisdom I have for you direct from the ATSG manual on adjustment: " Tighten adjustment screw 0.5 mkp and then back off by 1.75 turns. Lock adjustment screw by means of counternut"

DON'T ask me what an mkp is.
RayM.- I would be very reluctant to remove the adjustment screw. There appears to be a separate pin that rides between it and the band that could very well slip off and end up in the case. Tread lightly here.

I had no choice but to remove it slowly. Even after removed I couldn't adjust the nut on the bolt.
I found this:http://www.peachparts.com/shopforu...t=REVERSE+BAND
message 6 gives a great direction. I tried it but no luck. I could not get the nut off of the bolt or budge from its position on the bolt. I removed it all together and replaced it with another from one of my parts cars. I tightened it all the way the tried it at every 1/2 turn up to 4 full turns. ( raise car ,turn ,lower and start) No luck. I'm beginning to believe i need to remove it again and file a 1/16 to 1/8th off the end so that when I replace it ,it will tighten in farther.I'll put a pic on the post to show what i mean. In side the inner cylinder it is about 1/2 deep. at the base it looks like a pin has worn down a 1/8 inch depth indention. I'm thinking that if i shave off 1/8 inch off the length of the bolt It would tighten down to the correct position to back out and achieve reverse. I don't know. Does anyone know any better to guide me. The frustration level is mounting. Thank goodness it goes forward, even if it goes forward now in Park & Neutral. Seems to be no 1st.gear. It feels like it starts in 2nd. And L is like park. Darn But it still goes FORWARD and has for 3 weeks now. I'm tempted to leave well enough alone until I get better direction. RAY M. See pic's mentioned in thread ( 722.120 Trans Losing Reverse ) about post 21 i think.