View Single Post
Old 02-16-2008, 02:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel911 View Post
My comment is from the other side of the issue. I sold something-mailed USPS it- and it was never delivered! I had to ship the buyer another item and pay for more shipping with tracking number and for them sign. This came out of my pocket. I sent 2 items several days ago at the same time from California. The item sent to North Carolina has arrived the item sent to the City in California has not arrived. (The tracking numbers only say the package left the local Post Office showing that it has not been delivered.) I am having to face refunding the buyer his money. Alot of sellers are going to say "it is not my fault" when something gets lost in the mail. Buyers do not want to pay for tracking and insurence on items that are let's say $20-$40. Some sellers (especilly Ebay type sellers) are probably saying that they are not in business to loose money and that it is tough luck to the buyer if something gets lost in the mail.
You guys tell me who is responsible if I ship an item and it never arrives?
I've been on both sides of the deal as well. Unfortunately, if the item never arrives, and there is no insurance on the item, and there are no stated terms up front regarding loss in shipping, generally the seller is responsible.

If the buyer paid with a credit card, the seller is absolutely responsible every time.

The only alternative is to add insurance to the shipping cost. Generally sellers charge much more than the actual shipping cost, anyway............so, the additional insurance is not an undue burden. However, most sellers just like to pocket the money..........very rarely is an item lost in transit.

I've shipped over 100 EGR kits over the years...........only one was "lost" in transit. I took the buyer's word that it never arrived...........never got returned either. The cost of the additional kit was less than insuring every parcel against loss.