View Single Post
Old 02-25-2008, 09:25 PM
High River Alberta Canada

diameter of GP reamer

I found that a 5/16 drill bit is too big and the one smaller 19/64 was fine. Of course there is only room to use a drill bit on a couple of them. So I made my reamer from a steel rod that diameter (19/64")about 4 inches long, bent it 90*in the middle and ground a few flutes cut in the sides for and inch or so with a dremel cut off wheel. It worked perfectly. (why I didn't just heat a 19/64s" drill bit in the middle and bend it, ?? I'm not sure)
My PGs had tested good, but 4 out of 5 were a bit hard to get out they were so clogged with carbon and I think all 5 were shorting out. I haven't started it yet as I'm rechecking cam chain stretch and valve settings.... but got interrupted with a pile of paying type work.... Reality rearing it's head, maybe tonight.
1984 300SD ('Old Blue')150k Klicks from Japan originally, came with rear head rests, no sunroof and never had an EGR