View Single Post
Old 02-28-2008, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattBelliveau View Post
There is a variety of things that could account for your rear end sag. I've never noticed shocks to make it sag to where it was visible (at least while the car's stationary). The steering damper is probably not going to help anything, as its the rear end in question. I would start with a new differential mount and subframe mounts. The parts for these jobs is not too much $, and it's where most of you issues probably lie. I would look toward the springs next.
Yes, shocks will absolutely make a 123 or 126 squat and shocks are a good place to start on a car with unkown mechanical history, because they probably need changing anyway and once he changes shocks, he may find that he doesn't need springs which are a pain in the butt to change. You're right about the diff mount and subframe mounts, they may be a problem and wouldn't hurt to change them. Most front end and rear end problems start because all of the parts are taking a beating from bad shocks. Shocks on 123's and 126's need to be changed around 90-100K miles for best results. I threw in the steering dampner, because it's a $25 part and 15 minute installation that can make a big difference.
1974 TR6 78K miles Sarah Jane, one owner
OBK #27