View Single Post
Old 03-13-2002, 06:34 AM
Veteran

I'm not trying to start any sort of debate here, just trying to ensurethat if a fellow 500E owner purchases this wheel for sale, it might not fit the airbag that came with the car.

I've got a copy of the late 1991 publication "Intro to Service" for the 400E/500E. In that document they reference a 390 mm steering wheel. Now, my early '92 car came with the smaller wheel, the rim of which I've replaced (and paid for!) so I'm certain of its size. As to Ricardo's wheel, I'm still confused.

Ricardo, another 500E owner on this board has a larger-diameter wheel, and was of the belief that a previous owner had swapped in a larger wheel. I'll measure his & compare it to my own (as well as my 300D) and let you know what we came up with. However, you didn't answer my queston about the airbag-were you able to re-use the bag that fit your original wheel? Can you provide the P/N for the wheel or airbag you have?

Just trying to help, I assure you Heck, I may even be interested in the wheel for my D if the airbag will fit...my current wheel is in poor shape

Michael
2014 E63S Estate
2006 SLK55
1995 E500
1986 Porsche 944 turbo

Last edited by Michael; 03-13-2002 at 07:42 AM.