View Single Post
Old 05-28-2008, 12:00 AM

idle race up and down & jerky acceleration after engine wash (95 C220)

1. I swear it is coincidence, but I was washing our 95 C220 then decided to do the engine bay with this power washer , well started the car, give it some good sprays, then it cut out! After that it was never the same, the idle race up and down and on acceleration is very jerky. The car is undrivable it won’t get pass this jerky stage …I’ve check vacuum lines and electrical connections all seems to be ok…

2. I had the following codes P0510, P1444, P0302 &P0300. I’ve check the vacuum lines and swap the “Purge flow switchover valve (Y27/6)” from my 600SEL with no luck, also did the same with Purge switchover valve (Y58/1) no luck with that…Even swap out the ECU (from a good C220) no luck with that…One of the benefit of having more then one Mercedes, a lot of parts are same and/or interchangeable to do this sort of thing. Did the spray starting fluid around the engine bay thing, no change or suction noted.

3. At this point I’m at a lost could it be the water? It’s been a few days now and should have dried if it was. Or did I blew something off/loose, but closely inspection can’t see anything

Thanks in advance,
Thai GI sends