View Single Post
Old 06-05-2008, 11:01 AM
"Illegal" 3rd Dist. Rep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistel View Post
I agree, but I would buy it on the condition it would be fixed. It seemed like it had just come in and no one had looked at it yet. It was in the back near the bay doors. ... I do hate dealers, I would only want it if I felt I was getting a very good deal. So I guess that is my question, how much can I squeeze them? Do they have any incentive to give me a good deal? Or will they just send it off to a wholesaler? What kind of mark-up are they adding to the truck? ... thanks
A good dealer would have put a "HOLD" ticket/sticker on the vehicle if he hadn't had a chance to look at it...just to avoid the faux pas that you experienced...that's if their reputation meant anything to them.

I'd walk away from this particular truck...it should have started if it was "just" traded in...the fact that you "...didn't pay attention to the light" shouldn't mean anything after the fact that you then waited THREE TIMES for a full glow and still, no go.

Let me correct myself...RUN AWAY FROM THIS PARTICULAR TRUCK AND THE DEALER!

GEEZ...does this thing have flames painted on it, or what? Isn't the point of owning anything is that it STARTS WHEN YOU WANT IT TO? EVEN ON A WARM DAY????

Either that, or you better have a good, Canadian-based, AAA Auto-club card...'cause on those cold days...I don't think it's going to get any easier to start...

M. G. Burg
'10 - Dakota SXT - Daily Ride / ≈ 172.5K
.'76 - 450SLC - 107.024.12 / < .89.20 K
..'77 - 280E - 123.033.12 / > 128.20 K
...'67 - El Camino - 283ci / > 207.00 K
....'75 - Yamaha - 650XS / < 21.00 K
.....'87 - G20 Sportvan / > 206.00 K
......'85 - 4WINNS 160 I.O. / 140hp
.......'74 - Honda CT70 / Real 125

“I didn’t really say everything I said.”
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ~ Yogi Berra ~