View Single Post
Old 06-10-2008, 01:11 AM

spark plugs!!!

1. Ok the last thing I did was swap out OVP relay, that didn't help. At that point I've give-up, I've followed the books and all available resources it did not work, now this is where the experience comes in, the folks that work on these cars everyday. So I call my inde up and told him I was bringing the car in he asked me what happen, I told him from the beginning. He advised to go get some spark plugs from the DEALER ONLY R/R them then call him back...I'm like yea right (to myself of curse). I've been washing engines since High School, and never had a problem...

2. Well after the R/R of the spark plug, I start it up and it was 85% better, I took it for a test run it still jerks but very little. As I drove more and more it was better, so I disconnect the battery for the night so it can "relearn" everything, (not sure if this is true statement but did it anyways). The next morning it started fine and ran great, just a little rough shifting gears, but it was my wife's car and I didn't know if this was normal. I took it to my inde and told him what has transpired. He test drove it and said it was one of the smoothest C220 he've seen! That this model shifts like this. I came home and drove it myself for a few days just incase, so my family don't get stranded. It was running good, I gave it back to my wife and she said it actually ran better!

3. So there it is, it was the spark plugs, the water did something to them! I guess now all the codes did make sense... I just thought, what if I didn't have those other MBs to swap parts with it would have gotten expensive! Also what if I had a bad inde and he tells me to bring it in and charge me for all the parts and labor!

Thai GI sends