View Single Post
Old 06-13-2008, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfloriII View Post
Hey Guys,
Yes, it's been a loooong time since I've posted. My wife and I have been busy looking for a house to buy and also selling our condo. We're happy to announce that we've done both, and gotten great deals on each!

We sold our condo after a bidding war at $15K above the asking price. The buyer is paying the closing costs, waiving the appraisal and waiving the home inspection. It took 14 days to sell and and we had three contract offers! This is especially good given the poor DC market these days and the fact that we sold a condo.

We bought a single family house in Great Falls VA which is a very nice community. We chose Great Falls in part because the neighborhood should remain safe and beautiful for a long time. We intend to live there 20 years or so until retirement. The house was originally offered last Sept for $565K. Due to the declining DC market, the price kept coming down until we looked at it at $475K. We offered $450K and ratified their counter offer at $455K. They pay the closing costs.

So now I'm shopping around for lawn mowers and the like and my wife is looking at blinds and furniture. Lots of fun.... and more spending!!

We move in July19th.

I'll post pictures of the house once we're settled a bit.

I hope everyone is doing well here!! I should be able to post more often once we're settled in.
Leaving Reston huh? That's a desirable town. My sister lives there. Bout a 10 minute walk to the Town Center. Hit a deer there, or I should say a deer ran into the side of my old 190 on Wheile (?) Ave. one night.

Good luck in Great Falls.